Message from The Chairman, Board of Trustees
Solaiman Haque Joarder
Founder of FCUB
Chairman, Board of Trustees, FCUB
Honorable Member of Parliament
Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
As a public representative of the people of Chuadanga and Chairman of the Board of Trustee of the First Capital University of Bangladesh, I would like to take the opportunity and feel myself delighted to congratulate the people of all strata of Khulna Division in general and Chuadanga District in particular for extending me wholehearted cooperation and support to establish a private university for the people of this region. I am indeed grateful to the people of Chuadanga and greater Kushtia, whose inspiration, cooperation and guidance always encouraged me to undertake welfare programs for them in the past and this noble venture to establish a private university is the outcome of their inspiration and good wishes. I have no doubt that the people of this region will go ahead towards progress and prosperity and be enlightened owing to the establishment of this noble institution. I am particularly overwhelmed with joy, because we the people of Chuadanga, whose name and fame have become an integral part of our liberation war and independence, are the proud owner of this university. I am confident that this university will, under the pioneering leadership and guidance of present administration, will march forward with its noble mission and vision towards fulfilling the cherished goal of the common mass, for which the freedom fighters have sacrificed their lives. At this august moment, I would like to express my deep sense of gratitude to those who helped and encouraged me in many ways at all stages of its establishment, including the young enthusiastic dreamers of this institute. In this connection, I fervently draw the attention of the people of all walks of life of this region to nourish this tree by extending cooperation, whatever and whenever it needs. Let us hope this university will create a new era in the history of education and be marked as a milestone in the political history of Bangladesh. As an optimist, I do believe that this university will be turned into Harvard in the days to come and all of us, associated with this noble venture, will be the part of the history of this institute.
As Chairman of the Trustee Board, I warmly congratulate young students to choose this university for building up their career. I pray to the Almighty for their success and prosperity of the university. May Allah grant my prayer( Amin).
First Capital University of Bangladesh is the first private university of Khulna division in Bangladesh. It is founded by Honorable Solaiman Haque Joarder (Honorable Member of Parliament, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh) in 2012. We are currently having eight departments under five faculties and offering both Bachelor and Master (Regular & Executive) Degree.
The mission of the University is to create and disseminate knowledge, to provide top quality education to the students and to share academic and intellectual research among FCUB faculty members. The prime objective of First Capital University is to make students into highly skilled professionals in their respective fields.
‘Education for Excellence’ would be the preferred source of resources and professionals for the educational, financial, cultural, social and political leadership, nationally and globally. Bangladesh needs to develop its human resources with the right skills and technical capabilities to compete with the globalized world. Our vision is to provide the maximum facilities to our students to succeed the area of our educational field as well as for success in the highly competitive world.
- Interactive sessions in the class room.
- Effective & efficient delivery of instruction.
- Extra-curricular activities for students.
- Scheduled research work for the students.
- Strongly highlights on traditional and cultural manners.
- Engaging every program recommended by the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
- Dedicated full-time teachers.
- Reasonable cost and tuition fee waivers.
- Enriched library for the faculty and students.
- Adequate laboratory facilities (CSE lab, EEE lab, Agriculture Lab, Public Health Lab).
- Ensures totally non-political environment on the campus.
- Easiest transport route from all over the country.
- Friday-Saturday class facilities for the Executive Program.
- Wifi internet connectivity for all students
- To encourage a spirit of inquiry and criticism through research and publication.
- To explore new horizons of scientific knowledge needed for developing national resources.
- To promote awareness and realization of the importance of education and research in achieving a competitive status among other nations.
- To relate fundamental concepts to practical applications, and provide students with the necessary skills to function as responsible professionals.